Having a business is hard work, but Evelyn and I (business partners) wouldn’t trade it for the world.
We are a custom manufacturer, wholesaler, and retailer of unique, fashionable, adult bibs/cover-ups!
The Bib Shoppe meets the needs of the elderly, special needs, babies, travelers, and more by providing colorful, well made, trendy protection for everyday spills and upsets. Protecting nice clothing from accidental spills by providing practical, fun, attractive and wearable designer bibs is our priority.
We also sell minky blankets, baby bibs, animal lovies, toddler dress bibs, oven door dress dishtowels, and more, but our main specialty is our line of adult boutique bibs and adult towel bibs.
If you are just starting a small business of your own, I wanted to share a short, simple list of 12 tips I personally have learned in these five years.
1. Remember, you bank is your best friend.
2. Set up your accounting system correctly and early.
3. Take the time to find the best quality contractors and wholesalers you can find.
4. Design a functional, attractive, and easy-to-use website.
5. Check out your web designer and your shopping cart company thoroughly before purchasing.
6. Set up social media websites, i.e. blog, twitter, facebook, and more.
7. Determine to provide prompt, friendly customer service.
8. Listen to what your customers want and provide it.
9. Learn new computer programs you might need, i.e. Photoshop, html, photography, accounting programs.
10. Accept your mistakes (and there will be some) and move on.
11. Balance your business time and personal time appropriately.
12. Enjoy what you are doing!
Hopefully, if you are starting your own business now or soon, you will take these tips to heart.
Best wishes on your new adventure.
Patti @ The Bib Shoppe, www.bibshoppe.com